Wiring Done Right

Electrical Wiring and Safety

Trouble Shooting
Odour from Switch / Outlet

(printer friendly version)

https://www.wiringdoneright.com/trouble/4/

WHILE EXTREME CARE HAS BEEN IMPLEMENTED IN THE PREPARATION OF THIS SELF-HELP DOCUMENT, THE AUTHOR AND/OR PROVIDERS OF THIS DOCUMENT ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS, NOR IS ANY LIABILITY ASSUMED FROM THE USE OF THE INFORMATION, CONTAINED IN THIS DOCUMENT, BY THE AUTHOR and / OR PROVIDER.

Read the legal disclaimer page - click the legal link on the website

Burnt Outlet

This one is something you do not want to pass by, any odour at all coming from an outlet or switch, REPLACE!

Even if you feel it doesn't need replacing, REPLACE it anyway.

Causes: Overloaded, worn / loose contacts in outlet, loose wire connections, overloaded and under rated extension cords plugged into it.

Regardless of the cause replace the outlet or switch with a new one.

 

By: Donald Kerr

Copyright 2012 +
All Rights Reserved
Donald Kerr / Wiring Done Right
https://www.wiringdoneright.com/